Since 1977, Meridian Audio has been crafting innovative, elegant, high performance audio solutions. From its compact DSP loudspeakers with integrated amplification, to its user-friendly music management platform Sooloos, Meridian delivers easy to install, high resolution audio systems for home cinemas and whole home solutions. The Meridian Audio experience is now also available in the latest models from Jaguar Land Rover, thanks to a collaborative partnership between these two leaders of British innovation and engineering.
Senior R&D Engineer
Meridian Audio Limited designs, engineers and manufactures state-of-the-art audio and video home entertainment systems, and supplies audio technology to a number of business-to-business clients in the automotive, marine and consumer electronics industries.
We have a vacancy for a Senior R&D Engineer at our facility in Huntingdon. The role will be to help design, develop and support embedded software solutions across a range of products.
The ideal candidate will have a good degree or equivalent experience in computer science or software engineering and will have skills and competency in the following:
- C/C++ in embedded applications
- Hardware interface design and debug
- Designing for ARM Cortex family
- Source control systems
- User interface design and implementation
Additional beneficial experience:
- Linux admin and scripting
- GNU ARM toolchain
- Network/internet protocols
- Bare metal systems
- Design for manufacture and test
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Creative and innovative problem solving
- A high degree of self-motivation with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide clear explanations and documentation
- An interest in music and listening
Industrial Designer / Product Design Engineer
Meridian Audio Limited designs, engineers and manufactures state-of-the-art audio systems, and supplies audio technology to a number of business-to-business clients in the automotive, marine and consumer electronics industries.
We have a vacancy for an Industrial Designer / Product Design Engineer at our facility in Huntingdon. The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in industrial / product design and approximately 1-3 years year’s postgraduate work experience.
This newly created role provides the successful candidate with a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a renowned industrial designer on a wide range of exciting projects.
The candidate will have skills and competency in the following:
- Sketching initial design ideas
- Using dedicated CAD (ideally experience of ‘SolidWorks’) and CAID to develop and produce design specifications
- Meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria
- Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings
- Working with the engineering team identifying the suitability and availability of materials
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements
- Making presentations either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals
Applicants should send a copy of their current CV and examples from their portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org