Since 1977, Meridian Audio has been crafting innovative, elegant, high-performance audio solutions. From its compact DSP loudspeakers with integrated amplification, to its user-friendly music management platform Sooloos, Meridian delivers easy to install, high-resolution audio systems for home cinemas and whole home solutions. The Meridian Audio experience is now also available in the latest models from Jaguar Land Rover, thanks to a collaborative partnership between these two leaders of British innovation and engineering.
We are seeking an Acoustic Engineer to support electroacoustic and signal processing system design, prototyping and verification activities for both Meridian’s specialist audio products and business-to-business clients. The main responsibilities include:
- Design of electroacoustic and signal processing systems by means of modelling tools
- Prototyping of electroacoustic and signal processing systems; whether hardware or software
- Verification of electroacoustic and signal processing systems via measurement
Good degree (2.1 or better), or equivalent experience, in a related field (acoustics, electronic engineering, physics, mathematics).
Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Audio signal processing
Along with the following skills:
- Acoustic simulation (lumped element, finite element method, boundary element method etc.) COMSOL Multiphysics highly favoured
- Transducer design
In addition, it would be advantageous if candidates have experience in the following:
- Audio measurement systems (Prism dScope, Audio Precision, Soundcheck etc.)
- Automotive acoustics
Particular Aptitude/Skills Required
- A passion for music and listening
- Creative and innovative
- Desire for achievable perfection
- High degree of self-motivation with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide clear explanations and documentation
- Ability to thrive within a business with demanding clients
Full job description available upon request from the Group HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in the above vacancy and wish to be considered, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.