Meridian Audio products (“Products*”) are designed and manufactured in the UK to the highest quality standard. However, if something does go wrong with a product, Meridian Audio Ltd. will repair or replace such product in accordance with this warranty policy in any country served by an authorised Meridian Audio distributor (the “Warranty”). This warranty complements any national or regional law obligations of dealers or national distributors and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
This warranty will only apply to products in respect of which the customer has completed an on-line registration at www.meridian-audio.com. Subject to the customer having properly completed on-line registration, this warranty will be effective from the initial date of purchase of the product and will be valid for the warranty periods detailed below (“Warranty Periods”). No claim under this warranty (“Warranty Claim”) will be valid unless accompanied by proof of purchase of the product to which the warranty claim relates. This warranty is transferable from owner to owner and will apply and remain with the product to which it relates from the initial date of purchase for the specified term in the European Economic Area, as long as it’s supported with the original proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Is valid only for products purchased since June 1st 2016 from an authorised Meridian Audio dealer.
- Is valid only for products supplied by Meridian Audio since June 1st 2016.
- Is not valid for any counterfeit products. Any product received for service that Meridian Audio determines is fake will not be returned. The sale and distribution of counterfeit products is illegal.
- Is valid from the date of purchase for 3 years. Subject to registration the period is increased for a further 2 years so 5 years in total.
- Is limited to the repair of the product (which could be a repair or replacement at our discretion, neither of which affects your original warranty).
- Will not be applicable in cases other than defects in materials and/or workmanship at the time of purchase and will not be applicable:
- For deterioration of component parts, the nature of which is to become worn such as hard disk drives, or depleted with use, such as batteries.
- For damage caused by incorrect installation, connection or packing.
- For damage caused by any use other than correct use described in the user manual, negligence, modifications, or use of parts that are not made or authorised by Meridian Audio Ltd.
- For damage caused by faulty or unsuitable ancillary equipment.
- For damage caused by accidents, lightning, water, fire heat, war, public disturbances or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Meridian Audio Ltd. and its appointed distributors.
- For products whose serial number has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- If repairs or modifications have been executed by an unauthorised person.
How to claim repairs under the warranty
Should you have any concerns regarding the performance of your product, please use the following procedure:
- Call the Meridian Audio dealer you originally purchased your product from.
- You can find all contact details by vising www.meridian-audio.com.
- Our representative will discuss your concerns. If it is found necessary to return the product for repair, you will be given a Return Authorisation Reference number. You should not return the Product without this authorisation otherwise the product will be refused on delivery.
- To validate your warranty, you will need to produce the original sales invoice/proof of purchase or other proof of ownership and date of purchase.
Meridian’s graded products are pre-owned products that have undergone rigorous testing to ensure they meet Meridian’s strict quality standards for both sonic performance and mechanical integrity. We back every graded product with a three-year warranty* as standard (this can be extended to 5 years upon product registration).
Graded products are repacked in standard packaging, complete with all documentation and, where applicable, the cables that originally shipped with the product.
On occasion graded products may contain cosmetic blemishes, and they may be supplied in packaging that differs from new products.
*unless stated otherwise.
Each Meridian Audio’s graded product:
- Has undergone rigorous testing to ensure they meet Meridian’s strict quality standards for sonic performance and mechanical integrity.
- Is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
- Is supplied with complete documentation.
- Is supplied with three-year warranty as standard*.
- Where applicable is supplied with appropriate accessories.
- Is updated to appropriate firmware
- May have cosmetic blemishes.
*unless stated otherwise.
How do you get service?
If you think that your product needs service, contact your original dealer who will advise you regarding packing your product if return of the product is required. Most faults can be corrected by your dealer so do not return your Product to Meridian Audio without consulting your dealer or receiving approval from Meridian Audio.
You may have legal rights as a consumer under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods which this warranty is given without prejudice to and does not affect. Nothing herein shall be construed as an express or implied warranty in respect of the future performance of any Meridian Audio Product (including any product or replacement product which is regulated, adjusted, repaired or replaced by Meridian Audio under this warranty).
This warranty and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with it.
*for the purpose of this document the term “product” refers to completed products and upgrade kits.